Formed in 2004 by Jean Richards, Quantum has provided assistance in more than 400 disputes in addition to acting as advisor on several distressed company restructurings, carrying out due diligence reviews and advising on private sale and auction. Jean is well known throughout the shipping industry, both in her role as an expert witness and as a work-out specialist for problem shipping loans. Her career in the industry spans more than 40 years.
Her earlier experience was with shipowners with fleets which covered LNG, Cruise, Chemical Tankers, OBOs (Oil /Bulk / Ore combination carriers), drilling rigs, dry cargo and general cargo vessels, crude oil and product tankers and container vessels.
Jean joined Fairwind Shipping Ltd in 1984, a company which became well known for repossessing distressed assets and acting as commercial manager for banks and investors.
Jean has worked in a number of other posts as:
- Marketing Manager of Seabridge, the large bulk carrier consortium
- Development Analyst for the Gulf Group of companies
- Strategic Planning Manager for Gotaas Larsen
- Director of Magma Services Ltd.
At Fairwind shipping Ltd, a company specialising in work out situations with problem shipping loans, Jean was a co-owner and Director. The company was sold in 2002 to Denholm Shipping Ltd.
Jean formed Quantum Shipping Services in 2004 to concentrate on the aspects of the shipping world that interest her most – expert witness cases, project consultancy, distressed loan work out and due diligence, and in order to provide a truly independent consultancy to the market.
Jean is also involved with the following companies and organisations;
Non Executive Roles
- She remains a regular lecturer for Cambridge Academy of Transport and also presents a market overview for Richards Hogg Linley at their annual insurance course held every Autumn.
- During her career Jean has acted in a Non-Executive role as Chairman of Datatrac Ltd and as Director, Cambridge Academy of Transport
- Jean is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers which is the internationally recognised professional body representing shipbrokers, managers and agents throughout the world.
- Jean is a member of the Baltic Expert Witness Association (BEWA) which provides a wide range of experience and knowledge for maritime litigation world wide.
- At the Worshipful Company of Shipwrights, Jean was admitted as a Liveryman in January 1993.
- Jean became the first lady Anchorite in 2006 and was honoured on the occasion of her first dinner with an Anchorite tie, which she continues to wear with pride! Subsequently in 2015 Jean became their first Lady President.
Kristina Narvidaite – Shipping Analyst
Kristina joined Quantum in 2007 and has a BA in Business Administration. Kristina provides research and analytical support for all our projects. She has been a member of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers since 2011 and has played an active role in promoting networking between younger shipping professionals.
Andrzej Jaszczuk – Shipping Accountant
Joining Quantum in 2004, Andrzej has participated in many of the company’s due diligence and forensic accounting projects. He is a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Andrzej’s skills include building forecasting and evaluation models, providing Quantum with the ability to tackle complex financial and market scenarios for both litigation and planning purposes.